Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN
Crusaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW DOMAIN @ HTTP://CRUCRAFT.COM

Go down
Rambo
Rambo
Brownie Points : 1524
Props : 24

How to reduce lag for jka. Empty How to reduce lag for jka.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 am
Today I am going to show you lame, yet useful ways on how to reduce the lag on your game. As you know, most of you have computers that beyond out perform JKA's recommended settings. But sometimes you still lag. Here are some ways to keep your game from not lagging as much.

1. Snaps - Do /snaps in your console. Default is 10, I normally set mine to 5000
2. Rate - Do /rate in your console. Default is 4000, I would set mine between 15000 - 25000 depending on which works better.
3. Simple objects - Press esc > Set up > Game options > Switch Simple Items to On.
4. (Big one, Vista/7 Users only) Lower dpi settings - Find your Jamp.exe, right click it, click properties, click on the tab marked compatibility, and under settings tick the boxes that say: Disable Visual themes, Disable desktop composition, Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, then click okay.
5. (Vista/7 only) Compatibility - Right click on jamp.exe, click properties, click on the tab marked compatibility, then under compatibility mode tick Run this program in compatibility mode, and select Windows XP SP3 or SP2.
6. Textures - Set your textures to High not Very High, there isn't much of a difference, trust me.
Added:
7. Make sure Dynamic glow and Dynamic lights are off.

Follow all of these steps and your JKA will run a million times faster and load times will be much swifter. Hope this does help for any people who have problems loading the game Very Happy

Last edited by Rambo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
master chief
master chief
Brownie Points : 318
Props : 13

How to reduce lag for jka. Empty Re: How to reduce lag for jka.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:16 am
crap this will be VERY useful to many players. thanks a lot Very Happy
HuntresS(The Original)
HuntresS(The Original)
Brownie Points : 14
Props : 0

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm
RAmbo you are the BEST! THank you so much. I refuse to put simple items on though! That sucks Evil or Very Mad
Anyway thanks a bunch for the post might help me......
flower
TheUnknown
TheUnknown
Brownie Points : 95
Props : 10

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:39 pm
Maybe I can use this for my lagging issues lol... Thanks btw Cool
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum