Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN
Crusaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW DOMAIN @ HTTP://CRUCRAFT.COM

Leaving Çru.

+4
Lecrae
|Blackberry
Proof
Darth_MFer
8 posters
Go down
Darth_MFer
Brownie Points : 93
Props : 0

Leaving Çru. Empty Leaving Çru.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:07 pm
Its just come to my attention that we are "not allowed" to use profanity. I'm for %100 free speech %100 of the time, so I am therefore leaving Çrusader. Its been a great run. I'll still be around, just don't want to be apart of a clan that would stifle its own members voices.
Proof
Proof
Brownie Points : 930
Props : 31

Leaving Çru. Empty Re: Leaving Çru.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 pm
Omfg that is just something fire says you can swear that is not a rule and fire shouldnt be telling people not to. So don't leave I'm sure lecrae will handle it in some way.
|Blackberry
|Blackberry
Brownie Points : 55
Props : -31

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm
This is disturbing news, enforcing anti-swearing rules is more immature then those who regularly use profanity. It indicates an irational mindset when it comes to the use of the english language.

What is the reasoning for the enforcement of anti-swearing rules?

One theory; it's to protect younger members from being exposed to such words.

Problem; they either already know the words unless they are too young to be here or they will inevitably learn these words somewhere else.

Another theory; some words used in certain contexts can be offensive to specific people

Problem; it's not the word thats the problem its how it's being used

So not only is it imature to try and stop people swearing it completely futile, especially if you are going to lose members to enforce the rules. An interesting experiment would be to keep track of the number who leave the clan either for not being allowed to swear or because swearing is allowed. In my opinion I feel it's less likely for even the most sensitive souls to abandon this community just because people use certain words. In conclusion its not only utilitarian for the population base of the clan being preserved to allow profanity but it is also an attempt to prove the maturity of its members to make good and appropriate use of swear words to provide emphasis or emotion to certain conversations and not to verbally attack people.

P.S
Cunt MotherfuckerFuckWankerNiggerBastardPrickBollocksArseholePakiWhoreTwatPiss offSpasticSlagShitDickheadArseBuggerBallsJewJesus ChristCrapBloodyGod
Proof
Proof

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:11 pm
Black this is why people think you are a troll you didn't have to say

P.S
Cunt MotherfuckerFuckWankerNiggerBastardPrickBollocksArseholePakiWhoreTwatPiss offSpasticSlagShitDickheadArseBuggerBallsJewJesus ChristCrapBloodyGod

Also People can't take a joke Lecrae said he was kidding and all of you are so serious about it. We arent fucking aod, You can say almost any fucking thing you damn well please with only a few exceptions. People quiting for stupid reasons makes my eyes bleed.
Darth_MFer

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 am
I asked Lecrae three times, if he was serious he said yes, then I said I was leaving because of it, he said ok, so I left my post here, and changed my name, then it became a joke. Regardless, There isn't much of a reason to stay, we never hold any events, I'd just like to play the game and have fun. No hard feelings, hopefully.
Proof
Proof

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 am
Darth_MFer wrote:I asked Lecrae three times, if he was serious he said yes, then I said I was leaving because of it, he said ok, so I left my post here, and changed my name, then it became a joke. Regardless, There isn't much of a reason to stay, we never hold any events, I'd just like to play the game and have fun. No hard feelings, hopefully.

*sigh* One of my favorite members here is quiting because of a stupid reason. We were going to restart have scrimms events and such, but we stoped because rambo was in charge went to collage. So obviously we weren't going to have a event in awhile. Also if you think something is wrong with the clan don't quit make a suggestion thats what the section is for use it. To be honest I still don't want you to leave.

Btw Katarns bryer said gin is going to ask us to scrimm with them some time soon
Lecrae
Lecrae
Brownie Points : 414
Props : 25

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am
|Blackberry wrote:This is disturbing news, enforcing anti-swearing rules is more immature then those who regularly use profanity. It indicates an irational mindset when it comes to the use of the english language.

Problem; they either already know the words unless they are too young to be here or they will inevitably learn these words somewhere else.

Another theory; some words used in certain contexts can be offensive to specific people

So not only is it imature to try and stop people swearing it completely futile, especially if you are going to lose members to enforce the rules. An interesting experiment would be to keep track of the number who leave the clan either for not being allowed to swear or because swearing is allowed. In my opinion I feel it's less likely for even the most sensitive souls to abandon this community just because people use certain words. In conclusion its not only utilitarian for the population base of the clan being preserved to allow profanity but it is also an attempt to prove the maturity of its members to make good and appropriate use of swear words to provide emphasis or emotion to certain conversations and not to verbally attack people.

P.S

We don't have rules against profanity, but we do have rules against racist derogatory terms and purposefully flaming/trolling other players. Whats immature, is you not reading this post https://mbcrusaders.forumotion.com/t348-if-you-wish-to-apply-look-here-first before forming an opinion at all.

I didn't say ok to you leaving, I said qq when you questioned about it then a couple later I said its a joke. Obviously you guys don't take too well with sarcasm, and I'll lighten up on it, I apologize. Secondly, its bad to see someone leave but I'm not going to beg you to stay in, you weren't a bad member just inactive sometimes and I barely knew you. See you around then I suppose.
Darth_MFer

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 pm
Lecrae wrote:
|Blackberry wrote:This is disturbing news, enforcing anti-swearing rules is more immature then those who regularly use profanity. It indicates an irational mindset when it comes to the use of the english language.

P.S

We don't have rules against profanity, but we do have rules against racist derogatory terms and purposefully flaming/trolling other players. Whats immature, is you not reading this post https://mbcrusaders.forumotion.com/t348-if-you-wish-to-apply-look-here-first before forming an opinion at all.

I didn't say ok to you leaving, I said qq when you questioned about it then a couple later I said its a joke. Obviously you guys don't take too well with sarcasm, and I'll lighten up on it, I apologize. Secondly, its bad to see someone leave but I'm not going to beg you to stay in, you weren't a bad member just inactive sometimes and I barely knew you. See you around then I suppose.

I never asked you to beg me, not once. I also play all the time, one more reason I'm leaving, I play constantly, and now I'm 'Inactive'? I don't see it, I play damn near everyday. And I wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from a 'leader'. I have no hard feelings towards anyone, but it seems everyone is bent out of shape because of my choice. I'm sorry if I offended you, but its my choice and I'm going to stick too it.

EDIT: Oh And I read that page thoroughly when I joined, but you as the leader have a higher voice than this page, so I accept what you said as 'law' so to speak.
Lecrae
Lecrae
Brownie Points : 414
Props : 25

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm
Darth_MFer wrote:
Lecrae wrote:

P.S

I never asked you to beg me, not once. I also play all the time, one more reason I'm leaving, I play constantly, and now I'm 'Inactive'? I don't see it, I play damn near everyday. And I wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from a 'leader'. I have no hard feelings towards anyone, but it seems everyone is bent out of shape because of my choice. I'm sorry if I offended you, but its my choice and I'm going to stick too it.

EDIT: Oh And I read that page thoroughly when I joined, but you as the leader have a higher voice than this page, so I accept what you said as 'law' so to speak.

No, I'm addressing the people who beg people to stay when they leave. Secondly, you have not been on everyday, especially when activity was at peak you barely wore your tags nor played with us around a few weeks ago nor were found on xfire. On top of that, I had JUST given you a promotion then you rq the next day? Thats pretty much a slap in the face. And to that, sarcasm is a common behavior found in ALMOST every human being, sorry if I just so happened to use it yesterday. Thats the only reason I'm offended at all is that you left for a joke, just like Rosey did then everyone gets all ohh come back when they leave for something stupid, that is annoying as I don't know what. As for clan events, they were going to get started its just I've been trying to figure some stuff out and generally took a break from mb & the clan for just two or three days. I'm not going to rage at you on the server or if I see you anywhere, I'm just telling you how it is.
Darth_MFer

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:48 pm
Lecrae wrote:
Darth_MFer wrote:
Lecrae wrote:

P.S

No, I'm addressing the people who beg people to stay when they leave. Secondly, you have not been on everyday, especially when activity was at peak you barely wore your tags nor played with us around a few weeks ago nor were found on xfire. On top of that, I had JUST given you a promotion then you rq the next day? Thats pretty much a slap in the face. And to that, sarcasm is a common behavior found in ALMOST every human being, sorry if I just so happened to use it yesterday. Thats the only reason I'm offended at all is that you left for a joke, just like Rosey did then everyone gets all ohh come back when they leave for something stupid, that is annoying as I don't know what. As for clan events, they were going to get started its just I've been trying to figure some stuff out and generally took a break from mb & the clan for just two or three days. I'm not going to rage at you on the server or if I see you anywhere, I'm just telling you how it is.

I've worn my tags the entire time I've been in Çru, I play just about everyday, in my free time. And a lot of that free time is spent in MB2. Also Sarcasm does not work well with text, that's why I made a point to ask multiple times, to try and make sure, same with saying I was going to leave for it. Çru has some good people in it, but it seems to be horribly organized and that bugs me as well. Its just not what I thought a clan would be, when I first joined with Jedi/Naner. It seemed like it would be a good way to train and learn, but since I joined, the only time we did anything was the tourny Rambo held, and i won, then got nothing for, which I was told I would. I just want to say again, text and sarcasm don't mix well.
|Blackberry
|Blackberry

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:38 pm
Banana wrote:Black this is why people think you are a troll you didn't have to say...

I didn't have to say? Perhaps, but I felt it was appropriate. It's important to excercise your freedom and for me it was attempt to be open and show everyone how these words are harmless. Making an issue out of it only makes things worse.

Lecrae wrote:We don't have rules against profanity...

My post was on the premise this was true, I was just making a points but its good to here this is case.

Lecrae wrote:...but we do have rules against racist derogatory terms and purposefully flaming/trolling other players.

I wasn't discriminate with my use of offensive words and they weren't directed at anyone, it was just an expression of free speach. I don't see the issue when I don't use these words in any context. Is just looking at the word a problem for you? As far as I can tell I only used one racial derogatory word in that post but I certainly didn't flame or troll players. My post was just an open opinion of mine for everyone to read.

Lecrae wrote:Whats immature, is you not reading this post https://mbcrusaders.forumotion.com/t348-if-you-wish-to-apply-look-here-first before forming an opinion at all.

I don't agree that it's immature, lazy yes. And I havn't only just formed this opinion either. I won't break this rule again despite disagreeing with it.

Angel
Angel
Brownie Points : 186
Props : 40

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm
Is this really necessary, Poner is leaving we should be saying our goodbyes. Whether or not who was at fault or breaking rules is irrelevant now.

Goodbye Poner, good luck wherever you go next and you're always welcome at Crusader Smile.
Porkins
Porkins
Brownie Points : 441
Props : 3
Location : Narnia, living with Tumnus and no, he doesn't molest me like he did to Lucy
http://www.IDon'tGotOne.com

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:36 pm
Well, If He Wants To Leave Fine By Me. But If He Is Leaving For A "Profanity Rule" That's Just Not Right. Anyway, Good Luck And All That.
|Blackberry
|Blackberry

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm
I think the punishment for using captials for every word in a sentence should be higher than using profanity.
Achrones150
Brownie Points : 10

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm
New here, but I must say that this is a shame.
Porkins
Porkins
Brownie Points : 441
Props : 3
Location : Narnia, living with Tumnus and no, he doesn't molest me like he did to Lucy
http://www.IDon'tGotOne.com

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:44 pm
It Is.
|Blackberry
|Blackberry

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 pm
Message reputation : 0% (2 votes)
Porkins, you must surely think that post looked totally wrong. What is this madness, why would you have any reason to rape grammar in such a way?
Terrorist/FireAssassin
Terrorist/FireAssassin
Brownie Points : 554
Props : 5

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 pm
Good luck to you. That's all I can say.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum