Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN
Crusaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW DOMAIN @ HTTP://CRUCRAFT.COM

Go down
Wimzer
Wimzer
Brownie Points : 176
Props : 5

Dead Island Empty Dead Island

Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:16 pm
Besides BLOOMEVERYWHERE, what is everyone's general opinion on it? (post-patch)
Porkins
Porkins
Brownie Points : 441
Props : 3
Location : Narnia, living with Tumnus and no, he doesn't molest me like he did to Lucy
http://www.IDon'tGotOne.com

Dead Island Empty Re: Dead Island

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm
I have it on Xbox 360, it's pretty good. I'm waiting for Tomb Raider 2012 and The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, so this will hold me over till then.
Dark'Hunter
Dark'Hunter
Brownie Points : 265
Props : 0

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:02 pm
First person zombie game. :O
Wimzer
Wimzer
Brownie Points : 176
Props : 5

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:22 pm
Dark'Hunter wrote:First person zombie game. :O

It's really a lot more than that. L4D was a FPS zombie game. This is more of an RPG with zombies. The physics is fun, as well as the atmosphere. It's actually got some emotional scenes in it if you take the time to enjoy the story. Such as fifteen minutes into the game when you find a man on his knees in a swimming pool full of blood, blathering about how he had to kill his entire family and sobbing. Also the debut trailer was really emotional. It was fucked up.

The game focuses more on melee than guns, at least in the earlier chapter. However, it's cons are major ones. You get one auto-save. If you start a new game, you can start the previous character from the latest chapter, but lose all the equipment you save. I learned this when I let Zoe play as Sammy B, and went back to Purna to discover my electro-machete was gone, along with $9000.

However, overall, I'm enjoying it. The story is a bit campy, but overall good. Solid controls, and while there are some parts that make you want to strange the developers (This glass door is locked....LETS TAKE THE SEWERS!! =D), it's enjoyable.
Sponsored content