Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Crusaders
YOU MUST LOGIN
Crusaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW DOMAIN @ HTTP://CRUCRAFT.COM

Go down
Suolakeksi
Suolakeksi
Brownie Points : 209
Props : 0

Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/ Empty Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm
2 months ago my old computer's hard drive crashed, making half the files getting destroyed. I had been working on a jk3 map version of Taris and I was almost complete when this happend :/ , and I would like to know if anyone of you know how to retrive files from and half unusable hard-drive.

I would be very happy because I had spent 13 months on that map and I would like to get it complete after all my hard work.

So please, if you know a way to retrive files from older hard-drives (that i'm not sure works anymore) please tell me Sad
Rambo
Rambo
Brownie Points : 1524
Props : 24

Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/ Empty Re: Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 pm
If the file corrupt, then their is no way to retrieve it. If it is in the partition state that isn't corrupt, then their is a way to retrieve it.

That's the suckish thing about computers. Sad
Suolakeksi
Suolakeksi
Brownie Points : 209
Props : 0

Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/ Empty Re: Retriveing old files from an half corrupt hard drive :/

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:16 pm
Rambo wrote:If the file corrupt, then their is no way to retrieve it. If it is in the partition state that isn't corrupt, then their is a way to retrieve it.

That's the suckish thing about computers. Sad

yeah Sad

But should I just connect it to my motherboard and try to read it or use somekind of other method, because i have no experiance with hard-drives that have gotten half-corrupt :/
Sponsored content